Monday, January 31, 2011

MacBook Pro Wish List

Supplies of the current models are starting to dwindle so that means its time for a refresh. Here's what I am hoping to see in the next generation MacBook Pro:

1- Get rid of the 13" model. There's a MacBook and MacBook Air for that price range.
2- Use the MacBook Air design on the 15 and 17 inch models. Wedge style is the future.
3- Make SSD the standard storage choice with an option to downgrade to a 750GB 7200 RPM HDD.
4- Give me Sandy Bridge or give me death!
5- Finally introduce USB 3.0 to the Mac.
6- Enlarge the size of the trackpad in preparation for OS X Lion.
7- Move away from glossy and make anti glare the standard screen.
8- Get rid of the SuperDrive. If I want to rip a CD, I'll take a time machine back to 2004.
9- Lower the price. My laptop shouldn't be the price of a used car (although it is).
10- Soup it up with 8GB RAM standard, upgradeable to 16GB.

Here's another great article from Marco Arment, creator of Instapaper, on his ideas for the next MacBook Pro.